You want to look like amazing for your senior session, we want you to, too! If this is your first time on our blog, welcome! We’re David and Meivys, a husband and wife photography team based in South Florida. We photograph modern, detail-oriented families and teens who want to be guided, love how they look and have fun! If you’re a fellow follower, thanks for your continued support!
We are really excited to be writing this blog today because we think it will really help you find the perfect outfits and accessories for your senior session. We have rounded up some of our favorite items from our favorite online shops – lulus and shein! While there are so many options, these styles and colors are our recommendations for a classy, fun, and modern senior session.
When you select an outfit for your senior session, there’s a few things we like to think about:
- Color – We always recommend light pastel or neutral colors for your session, this will ensure that there is no harsh reflection onto your skin. If you were to wear a bright hot pink or lime green shirt for example, the color could reflect onto your skin – and we surely don’t want green skin! The camera loves shades of soft pink and muted blues, mixed with sophisticated light neutrals like heather gray, creams, and white.
- Length – Floor length dresses are the best for photos because they make you look taller and slimmer and we all want that amiright? But in addition to that, floor-length dresses look amazing on camera because they bring extra movement to the photos. And they will give us the best “twirl factor,” but short cocktail dresses give a sense of youth and fun, so we love those too!
- Style – Consider softer fabrics like chiffon or tulle which allow for beautiful movement in the images – most of the dresses we recommend are of these materials. Also, we really love dresses or outfits that have an accent on the waist because it makes your waist look smaller and adds the perfect location for an adornment like ruffles, a belt, etc.
- Occassion or Theme – This is a big one! When we plan your session with you we take into account your personality, plus what you enjoy doing. Depending on what we come up with together, there will usually be a “theme” which will drive all the decisions we make to style the perfect session – including outfits.
- Fit – In our experience, every woman (regardless of her size or shape) has an area of her body that she’s self conscious about. Recognizing the areas you’re self conscious about when selecting your outfits is key. Choosing flattering silhouettes and colors that complement your natural features is the best way to ensure you’ll love the way you look in your photos. Skinny straps or strapless dresses have the opposite effect on arms on camera. For most women, skinny straps actually make arms look bigger, so we recommend avoiding those whenever possible IF your goal is slimmer-looking arms.
- Accessories – accessories always make everything more fun! Big statement necklaces or earrings (along with a neutral simple top or dress) looks great, but if you have a more elaborate neckline we can go for a soft and gentle look with studs and a thin necklace.
Remember, there is no such thing as “too dressed up” when it comes to your senior session, so don’t be afraid to have some fun!
We will be sharing the images of each of our favorite items – when you click on them it will take you to the link where you can purchase.
Here we go, these first few are from Shein:
Now, moving over to Lulus:
We hope this guide has inspired your next outfit and has helped you understand what to take into consideration when you’re shopping. All of these images have links so that if you think one of these – or two or three lol – is for you, you don’t have to waste time – you can oder it right away.
Lastly, we want to leave you with a few special MSP coupons, Click on the links to apply the coupon:
Free Shipping on orders of $50
15% off your next order
XOXO, David + Meivys
M Suarez Photography
Need a photographer? Let’s set up a virtual meeting so we can meet and see if we’re a good fit! Click here to connect with us 🙂