Every new year, we make goals and resolutions, but its proven that we will be more likely to accomplish them if we see them every day. In 2020, we created our first digital Vision Board and from then we make one at the beginning of every year. If you want to create a vision board this year and don’t know where to start, no worries! We’ve put together a few tips and our process for creating a purposeful and simple vision board using Canva.
Hi there, we’re David and Meivys , a husband + wife photography team based in South Florida. We work alongside small businesses and entrepreneurs to elevate their brand through authentic, light, bright, professional, images. We’re so excited that you’re here and want to invite you over to our Instafam at @msp_branding and @suarezpartyoftwo
- Keep it simple! While we all have big dreams, we can’t accomplish every single thing in just one year. Pick 1-2 big goals, but the rest should be realistic and measurable.
- Add words and pictures. Words are powerful, but so are pictures – they make it easier to envision yourself accomplishing that goal, not to mention its great motivation! Answer questions about who you want to be and write out a few sentences before you search for the pictures! It’s a great starting point.
- Do this with a friend, significant other, or as a family and share your vision board with others so you can encourage each other throughout the year,
How to get started
Start by answering these questions for yourselves, feel free to do this as a family – and then another one for yourself too! It’s a fun activity and can be typed or written out on a paper, post-it, or even a dry-erase board.
- What kind of person/couple/family do you want to be?
- What do you want to have this year?
- What do you want to believe this year?
- How do you see yourselves at the end of 2022?
- What do you want to achieve by the end of 2022?
Once you answer those questions, start to look for images that represent those things and save them onto a folder on your desktop. Search pinterest, instagram, google, online blogs and magazines, etc. The idea is to get both written and visual representations of your goals.
Then, open up our free vision board template on Canva and add your photos and written goals.
Print it and hang it up! If you made a family vision board place it somewhere like the kitchen fridge or tape it to the front door so every time you leave the house you remember your family vision for 2022.
Want to go the extra mile? Write a mission statement also. Use this short template to help you get started:
In 2021 I believe _____________. I want ______________________. Therefore, I will ______________ by _________________________ so that _____________________.
Here is our family mission statement and vision board:
In 2022 We believe God has a plan for us that is exceedingly abundantly above anything we could ever imagine. We want to focus on getting closer to Him and building a Christ-centered business that allow us to spend more time together, have a better work-life balance, and serve others. Therefore, we will make plans with His guidance by consistently taking care of our bodies, reading the bible, praying for ourselves and for others, and giving thanks so that we can live the joyful, healthy life He intended for us.
We hope this template and these tips help you have your best year yet! We’d love to see your versions of the digital Vision Board, share it with us by joining and tagging us on our Instagram @msp_branding and @suarezpartyoftwo
xoxo, David and Meivys