Love is in the air…and in the studio! Join us for a minimalist inspired Valentine’s Day Mini Sessions Set that gives us all the feels!
Whether you’re taking this opportunity to photograph the kiddos at this time of year, using the photos for Valentine’s Day cards, doing a fun valentine’s date night activity, or putting the images to work by promoting a service or product, our set is going to be literally perfect! It is black and white so that you can bring the color, the vibe and the joy of Valentine’s Day!
I’m Meivys! I’m a Miami lifestyle photographer and run my business with my husband. For the past 10 years, we’ve built our business from the ground up – starting as fresh college grads. I’m a lover of fresh flowers (tulips, anyone?), cafecito, powerful devotionals and a good mani pedi. Can I get an amen?
Table of Contents
What are Mini Sessions?
Mini Sessions are quick, easy and affordable sessions with a professional photographer. They are smaller than a typical family session and are the perfect way to document the kiddos growing in a consistent and simple way. You all have loved this offering and we are beyond thrilled to offer more opportunities for mini sessions this year! Click here to see what other mini sessions we have planned for 2024!
Valentine’s Day Mini Sessions Outfit Ideas for Families
We want to help you make the most of this mini session so we’ve written all our favorite tips for choosing the right outfits that reflect your family’s unique style and vibe. Let’s explore some Valentine’s Day Mini Sessions outfit ideas for your upcoming session that will add an extra sprinkle of love to your photos!
Valentine’s Day Mini Sessions!
We’ve made it super simple for you to shop our Miami Valentine’s Day Mini Session outfit ideas for your family by adding a link to our top Valentine’s Day outfit inspo from Amazon to this post, but before we dive in, we just want you to know some links provided are affiliate links which means we get a small percentage of the sale when you purchase using the link. The price you pay does not get affected, we just get a small commission for curating and recommending them; it also allows us to continue to create content like this for you. If you have any questions about this, reach out to us.
Now, let’s get to it!
4 Types of Valentine’s Day Mini Session Outfit Ideas
1. Elegant Valentine’s Day Mini Sessions Outfit Ideas
When I think Elegant, my mind goes straight to chic, structured dresses! Pairing a Red A line dress for mom and the rest of the family in a color palette that just says love is in the air! Pink red and black outfit combination would look amazing with our Valentine’s Day Mini Sessions set!
2. Semi Casual Valentine’s Day Mini Sessions Outfit Ideas
For a laid-back yet stylish vibe, go for semi-casual Valentine’s outfits that strike the perfect balance between comfort and fashion. Moms and daughters can bring the colors while the boys can stick to neutrals with button-down shirts and dark trousers or khakis and throw on a vest or cardigan for styling.
3. Casual Valentine’s Day Mini Sessions Outfit Ideas
If you’re wanting to keep it casual, but throw in a bit of the red and white Valentine’s day color palette in your outfit, this is a great Valentine’s Day outfit inspo for you. It’s an easy Valentine’s Day family look that you probably already have in the closet or can be easy to put together.
4. Editorial Valentine’s Day Mini Sessions Outfit Ideas
If you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind, editorial-worthy look, consider going bold with statement pieces and daring color pops and textures like tulle, velvet and linen. Add unique accessories and a touch of confidence to elevate your Valentine’s Day Mini Session to a fashion-forward level. It’s a perfect opportunity to dress the whole family Barbie themed for Valentine’s Day!
5 tips for Valentine’s Day Outfits
Tips for Picture-Perfect Valentine’s Day Mini Session Outfit Ideas
- Coordinate, Don’t Match: Opt for complementary colors and patterns that blend harmoniously without being overly matchy-matchy. This creates a cohesive and visually pleasing look for your mini session photos.
- How you feel is Key: Choose outfits that make you and your family feel confident and flatter your body shapes. Relaxed, confident and happy faces make for the best photographs! We find that professional hair and makeup for mom, tailored and ironed clothing, fresh haircuts for dads and manicures for everyone tend to make every member of the family feel confident!
- Layers and Textures: Incorporate layers and textures to add depth and visual interest to your outfits. Scarves, cardigans, and statement jewelry can elevate your look effortlessly. Just keep in mind less is more and don’t over do it. When you book a mini session we can help answer your specific outfit questions!
- Consider the Setting: Keep in mind the background and setting of your Valentine’s Day Mini Session. Choose outfits that complement the ambiance and style of the set you choose – luckily for our Valentine’s Day Mini Session you have a minimal black and white set, so anything goes!
- Stay True to Your Style: While it’s fun to experiment with different looks, stay true to your family’s personal style and let your personalities shine through in the photographs. After all, you’ll be turning these into Valentine’s Day Cards!
Dressing for your Valentine’s Day Mini Session is not only about looking picture-perfect but also about embracing the love this day brings. Whether you choose elegant, semi-casual, or editorial Valentine’s Day outfits, the key is to be yourself and have fun during the session. As your professional photographer, I can’t wait to capture the love and laughter that will shine through in your family’s Valentine’s Day Mini Session. Let’s make this one truly unforgettable!
If you’re thinking of an extended family session with the whole family this year, a mini won’t work…BUT a 90 minute extended family session with Custom Prints & Heirlooms would be a perfect gift! Click here to schedule a call with me and talk details.
xoxo, David + Meivys